What is the charging limit voltage of 12V lead-acid battery
Release Time: 2022-05-09
Lead acid battery is a kind of battery whose electrode is mainly made of lead and its oxide, and the electrolyte is sulfuric acid solution. In the discharge state of lead-acid battery, the main component of positive electrode is lead dioxide and the main component of negative electrode is lead; Under the charging state, the main components of the positive and negative electrodes are lead sulfate. The nominal voltage of a single cell lead-acid battery is 2.0V, which can discharge to 1.5V and charge to 2.4V; In application, six single cell lead-acid batteries are often connected in series to form a nominal 12V lead-acid battery, as well as 24V, 36V, 48V, etc.
(1) Avoid direct contact between the battery and the metal container, and use acid proof and heat resistant materials, otherwise it will cause smoke or combustion.
(2) Use the specified charger to charge under the specified conditions, otherwise the battery may overheat, deflate, leak, burn or rupture.
(3) Do not install the battery in the sealed equipment, otherwise the equipment may be broken.
(4) When using the battery in medical equipment, please install the backup power supply outside the main power supply, otherwise the failure of the main power supply will cause injury.
(5) Place the battery away from the spark generating equipment, otherwise the spark may cause the battery to smoke or crack.
(6) Do not place the battery near a heat source (such as a transformer), otherwise the battery will overheat, leak, burn or break.